• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about blurring a photo

GoodPeopleFlags

I want to put a photo on the edge of a sign and I want to blur just the right side edge of photo. How do I do that? I would prefer to do it in Illy, if possible. I tried the AI Help but no luck.
Thanks!

GoodPeopleFlags

How would I do that in PS? I think I know how to do all of the edges but not just one. (Sorry - still don't know PS all that well!)

Rdowney

you mean fade it out, like so? set your gradient tool to fade from white(or wich ever color your sign is) to transparent, and have at it.

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 70

mekazilla

easy to do in Illustrator!
1- Place your photo.
2- create a rectangle to cover the area you want to fade.
3- fill rectangle with a white/black gradient fill with the white on the outside edge.
4- select just the gradient rectangle and set the blending mode to screen.

Print-Kwik

a slightly different method:
1. place a photo.
2. create a path to cover the area you want to fade.
3. fill the path with a white/black gradient
4. select the gradient and photo
5. On the transparency pallet select make opacity mask.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Those methods are more like fades/gradients. I was under the impression they wanted to "blur" which is a different function in Photoshop that illustrator cannot do.

GoodPeopleFlags

I meant like the pic rdowney posted. Sorry if I used the wrong term! The pic is going to the edges of the sign except on the far right edge. I wanted to sort of "blend" it to the background so it won't look so cut off.

Thanks so much everyone!