• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about blury sign Help please!!

JHunt

I am fairly new to sign making and on my roland printer I was trying to print a sign for our local napa parts store but when I started it printing you can see it is very blury or pixelated from how much I enlarged the image I assume, lots of squares pronounced in the image. It was enlarged to around 300% to the original image size. my question is can I clean it up or fix it or what can I do to help this. I know it seems dumb to an experienced sign person but im stumped. Any advice is appreciated....thanks

mameighan

You will run into this a lot. Brands of the World will be your friend. Do a search for NAPA at www.brandsoftheworld.com. Most employees (and owners) won't know what a vector is and is often quicker to find it yourself. The site will get you most of the bigger companies

Mark

Mountain Man

When vector artwork is not available, you often have to create it yourself. You can use whatever they've given you (often a low grade .jpg) as a pattern to create a drawing based on lines above it. You'll have to learn to control bezier curves to do this. There will be a tutorial on this in whatever program you are using to design - start there. It's not difficult once you get a feel for it.

signage

When working for a true NAPA approved dealer they can get you the proper art at the proper resolution or correct vector image/logo!