• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about BriteLine print media

Vinylman

I need to order some print media for my Mimaki ecoSol printer.

Of the following products which would you recommend??
Briteline Duration IM3201/IM3203

BriteLine IM5651

BriteLine IM2201/IM2203

LAMINATES
BriteLine Shield OVERLAMINATES

or

BriteLine Optical Clear

Letterbox Mike

What do you need it for? How long should it last?

The 3201/3203 are great, they're actually General Formulations 201 and 203, we use tons of it for cheap decals and stickers, it prints great, cuts great and seems to hold up well. It's not a long term vinyl though, I wouldn't expect it to last 3 years outside.

The 2200 series is super-cheapo economy grade, we've messed with it but it's not as good as the 3200 series and it's not much cheaper so I'd just go with the better stuff.

Bill43mx

I agree with what Mike said, although we do use the 2201 along with the Briteline Shield for economy, promotional stickers. With that combo we can give them a laminated product at a "give-away" price.

FYI...the briteline shield was previously listed as a 3yr, indoor-outdoor, UV resistant laminate. It's now listed as 3yr, indoor only, with no mention of UV resistance. They have added Briteline Shield UV at a slightly higher price point.

J

john1

What do you need it for? How long should it last?

The 3201/3203 are great, they're actually General Formulations 201 and 203, we use tons of it for cheap decals and stickers, it prints great, cuts great and seems to hold up well. It's not a long term vinyl though, I wouldn't expect it to last 3 years outside.

The 2200 series is super-cheapo economy grade, we've messed with it but it's not as good as the 3200 series and it's not much cheaper so I'd just go with the better stuff.

x3 all i use here and it works great. I outsource anything that needs cast as it's not popular in my business as of right now.

201 is matte and the 203 is gloss. matte prints smoother and you can overlaminate with gloss no problem.

Mike F

FYI to you guys who use it, pretty much all the stuff listed in the posts above is on sale for Grimco's Happy Friday Special.

k.a.s.

As Insignia said, I use 3203 for all my cheaper stuff. Its great, and I have things out there that are 3 years and look awesome. Its good stuff.

Kevin

CS-SignSupply-TT

GF media distributor

I need to order some print media for my Mimaki ecoSol printer.

Of the following products which would you recommend??
Briteline Duration IM3201/IM3203

BriteLine IM5651

BriteLine IM2201/IM2203

LAMINATES
BriteLine Shield OVERLAMINATES

or

BriteLine Optical Clear

VinylMan, what are the chances CiberSupply can become your distributor for GF films?

bendeane

Not sure how available it is outside the midwest, but I use the 203OAP from General Formulations and I pair it with a 5 year UV lam from Graphic Finishing Partners. They have a gloss, luster and matte lam and it is by far my favorite calendared lam for flat surfaces. It has a great price and I get it from 123 Graphic Products. Ask for Buddy.

I have it on a few signs that are quite large and are approaching the 3 year mark and they still look great. By far, my favorite combo of calendared vinyl and lam.