• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about DPI...

Tony Rome

I wanted to cover a wall in my living room and it measures 114" x 87" it is very difficult to find the graphic I want, that big. If I bought a design from a vendor online that was...
3345 x 2675 (8.9 MP)
11.2 '' x 8.9 '' (300 dpi)

Would that look terrible to increase to my wall size?
Thanks.
Printing on versacamm SP540V thinking of going two horizontal pcs.

Thanks.

Tony Rome

door.jpg

This was the pic if anyone has a site that may have something close.
thanks.

Bly

You can never get stock art 150dpi at wall size.
Depends on the image. That one has little detail anyway.
Res it up to 72 or 100dpi in photoshop then view at print size.
I think you'll be surprised.

Tony Rome

You can never get stock art 150dpi at wall size.
Depends on the image. That one has little detail anyway.
Res it up to 72 or 100dpi in photoshop then view at print size.
I think you'll be surprised.
Thanks, I just purchased it, I blew it up (leaving it at 300 DPI) and checked it out in PS and at print size I think it looks pretty great. I am going to crop a portion and test print at actual size.
Thanks!

CES020

Many of the software packages that handle things like this (making it larger and not destroying it too bad) have free trials. You could always download the free trial, resize your photo and move on.

Tony Rome

I am debating, should I laminate? It is for my living room?
Also, horizontal is the way to go, right? I mean I won't be able to hide the seam(s) either way I just thought horizontal (1 seam) is better than vertical (so close to 2 pcs, but it is 3) not sure which way seam would look less worse on a LR wall.

Thanks.

Thanks for the opinions and help!

Your image reminded me of this one. Maybe you could talk the lady that restored it to come and paint your living room.

Attachments

• 24christ-span-articleLarge-v3.jpg
    24christ-span-articleLarge-v3.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 65

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
11.2 '' x 8.9 '' (300 dpi) should be sufficient for something like PhotoZoom Pro or other good spline fit packages to make it sufficiently large without any pixelization or intolerable edge bloom. Just jacking it up in Adobe isn't close to what these proprietary packages can do.