Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about end of roll digital banner material

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by gabagoo, Feb 6, 2013.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I always get caught with those lines that appear at the end of a roll of smooth banner material for retractables.
    The line in the material that is created from being rolled up with the final edge creating that mark in the material every 18" or so on the last 15 feet.
    I have heard it will go away..... will it? but when? 3 weeks 6 months?

Should I toast it and reprint?

just curious what the pros do?

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    what material?

3. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    good question....dunno, some Proveer house brand ****e.... I guess i answered my own question....Reprint!!!

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I've never seen it actually go away completely and it never seems suitable for the client at the time to give them faulty looking prints.

I've had some as long as 2 years, just watching for it to go away. It gets battered up more than anything waiting for those little creases to go away...... and as I said, never really do go away.

5. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    Watsons Signs - your avatar - :ROFLMAO:

6. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    I've never seen it go away. Just another reason for us to drop Ferrari products entirely, the moment we find something suitable to replace them.

7. CanuckSigns

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    What's so funny, i sold my roland and bought a cricut, i've already made my first million dollars, it's so easy!!

8. gabagoo

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have a box of scrap for you...Oh you need me to square them up and pre cut to determined size?:U Rock:

9. CanuckSigns

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I've got something I need cut that is bigger than my cricut, can you cut it on your big cricut-ty thinggy?