Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Ink Cartridges

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by GWFI, Jan 31, 2020.

1. GWFI

GWFI New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Los Angeles
    I got a bunch of Jetbest ECO Pigment cartridges from a person who got rid of their Roland printer. Will this ink work in a Mimaki CJV30-100 printer if I change the chip? is the ink the same or will it ruin my printhead?

Does someone have a reference number for the JetBest Eco Pigment? Any help is appreciated.

Thx!

2. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    This is leaping over dollars to save pennies. I suggest you properly dispose of the old cartridges and put fresh ink in you printer. A print head is 2K plus why chance it over 8 fresh new SS21 cartridges ( $552). I sell made in the USA ink for $69 a cartridge.

3. Ere

Ere Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Colorado
    Don’t do it. If you start having printing issues the tech will want to replace everything including ink lines and print heads. I am a printer tech and I would not think about putting anything into my printer that is not from the manufacture. If you do have a problem you won’t be able to stop thinking about the fact that you have different ink in it. One more thing to trouble shoot.

4. GWFI

GWFI New Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Is Eco pigment different from Eco solvant ink?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020