• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about Ink Limiting regarding grey balance curves

mrblaq

I'm in the midst of a new profile for my Mimaki JV3-160SP using ProfileMaster II with an X-Rite i1. I've noticed I get quite a lot of "abnormal values detected" from the grey balance target. If I just continue through this process to the end, my cuves end up looking like the attached image. I'm wondering if the divergent cyan curve suggests I'm putting down too much Cyan? Would this be something I correct in ink limiting? If so, It appears I'd have to dial down my Cyan limit to 64% of current to get it to line up with the curves of the other colors.

Please let me know If I'm thinking about this correctly.

Attachments

• GreyBalanceQuestion.png
    GreyBalanceQuestion.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 130

schurms

I know that we probably have different rips and stuff but if you print blocks of each color what are the densities? There are industry standard ( offset world ) density targets . Not sure if that helps.

Bruce

Rooster

I run my cyan (and magenta) way high too. Makes for great blues, the profile keeps it all in check. If it starts to wander, a relinerization brings it all right back into spec.