Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about L360 Latex and Flexi

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by stew1tx, Nov 25, 2018.

1. stew1tx

stew1tx Centex Wraps and Signs

Mar 29, 2013
    georgetown, texas
    So I am making a run of 8' but the graphic will only eat up about 25" of material down the side. It will be the bottom to a sign. I am trying to remember how to go about reprinting the other section with some misc decals etc so as not to end up with a 3' x 8' scrap.

I think I used to go into flexi and in rip set media offset or something from left side then measure out a safe margin and add the other decals and do another print aligning to bottom left. Sound right? why dont i rip them all together? because all that is a HUGE file after i duplicate all the decals to fill the holes, I mean like 2.5 gigs. Ripped at full size, maybe I will pop there and see what ripping at 10% or something does and enlarge to 1000%

Ideas?

THanks in advance.

P.S. my rolands were so much easier there, feed material back then set the origin where i wanted then print away....

Tags:
  2. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Not sure I understand... What's wrong with nesting? Everything is still it's own file and it auto fills the space.

Why not add your file... Add all the decals, select everything and click nest? Everything will group and print together providing your using the same profile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    Sounds to me the OP is wanting to fill the empty space with multiples of the same decal, and is not wanting to duplicate, and nest that many because it will be such a large rip file.
    You can select the amount of copies when you send to rip and print, but but it's gonna multiply everything you send, not just the one decal. (That I know of)

If what you want to do can be done, I would love to know too.

4. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    It is my understanding that the OP knows how to nest, but don't want to send that many duplicates to RIP.

If you send 1 image, and set the amount of copies in the RIP preview, it only has to rip the one, but will print however many you set it to.
    if you duplicate the image 100 times, then send it, it has to RIP all of them.

The problem is, the OP wants to send 2 different images at once, but wants multiple copies of only 1.
    I don't think it will work that way.

5. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    No Problem. Create multiple copies of one of the files, and nest with the one with only one copy. Or nest jobs, click the job you want to multiplicate in the preview and set the number of copies.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alchemyst

Alchemyst New Member

May 9, 2010
    Adelaide, Australia.
    I think the OP knows how to nest in Flexi itself, but maybe hasn't used the nest feature within Production manager. Create each job and send to the printer, make sure the send mode is set to "Hold in list". once you have the 3 items in the list hold "Ctrl" and select the 3 jobs, if they are the same profile, the nest feature will be available at the top of production manager. once nested, you will be able to adjust qty's of each item.
    Hope this helps. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. stew1tx

stew1tx Centex Wraps and Signs

Mar 29, 2013
    georgetown, texas
    So, the resolution of it all was similar to what I used to do on rolands. Basically I ripped and printed my flames up the side of 54" MATERIAL for an 8' run the widest point was on each end. I went back into flexi and measured and laid a line across the screen with a little buffer room since everything is contour cut as well. Then I made a box that was 53" wide Then I stepped and repeated the decals in groups of like 100 I think it was. Then fit in the run of 100 other decals I was running and ended up with 4 groups of our decals and the other 100 fitting within the box Then I printed the flames file. Made note of where the starting point was sitting prior to printing. Then I ran it back to that point after I ran my print. Then I took the decal (our catering company) hard hat decals and ripped the first group of about 100 They are small like 2.5x1.75 or so AND TOLD the printer I wanted the print left justified. Then after the first batch I did it again. I run color bars to give me a little room in between jobs. It all worked until I ran the last batch oriented the wrong way which left a void, then I ran a small group to fill in that void and F'd up and forgot to change justification and ran color bars across one row of decals. I stopped the job, used a little mojo juice haha and wiped the latex off before it had dried on the already cured decals. OHHH and it went across my damn crop marks which required some surgery to get cleaned so plotter would recognize. Basically I cut white vinyl to cover everything around the L but the L itself then touched it up with a pen. Worked like a damn charm. Well it had 2 tiny places around the flames that lest about 1/64" maybe 1/128" of white.

Why did I do this? Because those little decals are a big file and the rip was way too big with them all together, over a Gig. So, that is the most bestest and quickest way I could think of. Yes i said bestest haha

I hope this helps someone