Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about scan motor compatibility

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Msrae, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Msrae

Msrae Rae

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    I have recently had to replace the scan motor on my CJ-540. I got the scan motor with the part# 7811909010. Apparently this is for the FJ, but from what I can tell when doing a search for the scan motor, they are compatible. Can anyone tell me if this is the case? Can I use a scan motor for an FJ-540 in the CJ-540?

I have installed the motor, did all the steps to reset and it gave me some issues. I have also used the right, up, left arrow keys and power (can't remember right now what the name of that mode is, since I am not at the machine) and get as far as the initialize then I get a "unrecoverable limit sensor" error. I have tried this at least 6 times now, and still get the same error. I have tried cleaning the sensor, etc. The cut head will NOT release from the print carriage.

I am trying to decide if perhaps the scan motor could be the culprit or if it really is a bad limit sensor.

HELP! Thanks in advance

Rachel

Tags:
  2. inkmed

inkmed Verboten

Jan 4, 2010
    #7811909010 motor compatible to both Fj540 and CJ540.
    the sensor error may caused by bad sensor, you can change a new one and test it.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

3. Msrae

Msrae Rae

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    Thank you for the reply. Yes, I figured it could be the sensor, just wanted to rule out the motor first since I had just replaced it and this error was not showing prior to this point.

Do you supply the sensor?

Thank you again.

Rachel