• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about scan motor compatibility

Msrae

Rae
I have recently had to replace the scan motor on my CJ-540. I got the scan motor with the part# 7811909010. Apparently this is for the FJ, but from what I can tell when doing a search for the scan motor, they are compatible. Can anyone tell me if this is the case? Can I use a scan motor for an FJ-540 in the CJ-540?

I have installed the motor, did all the steps to reset and it gave me some issues. I have also used the right, up, left arrow keys and power (can't remember right now what the name of that mode is, since I am not at the machine) and get as far as the initialize then I get a "unrecoverable limit sensor" error. I have tried this at least 6 times now, and still get the same error. I have tried cleaning the sensor, etc. The cut head will NOT release from the print carriage.

I am trying to decide if perhaps the scan motor could be the culprit or if it really is a bad limit sensor.

HELP! Thanks in advance

Rachel

inkmed

#7811909010 motor compatible to both Fj540 and CJ540.
the sensor error may caused by bad sensor, you can change a new one and test it.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Msrae

Rae
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I figured it could be the sensor, just wanted to rule out the motor first since I had just replaced it and this error was not showing prior to this point.

Do you supply the sensor?

Thank you again.

Rachel