• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about Service note VG-540

wesker

Hello Everybody,

I use for 3 years a roland VG 540 which works very well. I recently had an error code 0380 0080. With my previous Roland, I knew how to obtain a Service Note pdf which helped me a lot with troubleshooting. I quibbled in my machine.

However, I cannot find the pdf service notes for the VG series. Does this exist or is it only accessible to the professional, and in this case, my request is illegal?

Is the software for reading PEC files also reserved only for professionals?

Many thanks for your answers!

wesker

Thank you for your answer, I would have liked to have the notes service to better target the problem. I can't find the explanation for the prefix 0380

Joe House

0380 is a damper failure to fill error. 0080 refers to the right channel of head 4. First I would make sure that you have plenty of ink in Ink slot 5 which feeds the right side of head 4. If you have plenty of ink, in my experience, it could be a problem with the sensor that reads the empty status of that damper. I would visualize the damper and see if it is full or not, then check the sensor to see if it is working properly. These are the most common things that I've seen.

Good Luck

wesker

0380 is a damper failure to fill error. 0080 refers to the right channel of head 4. First I would make sure that you have plenty of ink in Ink slot 5 which feeds the right side of head 4. If you have plenty of ink, in my experience, it could be a problem with the sensor that reads the empty status of that damper. I would visualize the damper and see if it is full or not, then check the sensor to see if it is working properly. These are the most common things that I've seen.

Good Luck

Thank you for your response which helps me! What tool do you use to identify that code 0380 corresponds to this damper? Unfortunately I do not have this code in the user manual.

Thank you !

cornholio

Hi all.
The service notes are not freely available to end users. (Have never been. Service techs need to sign a NDA.)
The notes are of limited help now, since you need to be a certified tech with a account to activate the Peck2 tool every 30 days in order to access the machines service mode.