Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the Omni CNC 1212 Router and ADA Signage

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by Malcolm Loo, May 6, 2020.

1. Malcolm Loo

Malcolm Loo Graphic Designer, Promotional Products

May 4, 2020
    Richmond Hill Canada
    Hi,

I work for a sign shop which is trying to get into ADA Signage (braille). Trying to figure out if it's possible to use the Omni CNC 1212 Router to make a braille sign. Just wondering if it can work with the Gravotac material and if there's any specialized parts that can drill and add the raster beads we can install on it.

2. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I don't see why you couldn't drill the holes for the braille with the unit, insertion could be a problem if they don't have an attachment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    We use this super fancy aquarium pump that's been rigged for suction and a little goofy handle for hand insertion. I've seen automated inserters, but for our volume, I couldn't imagine the headache on a couple of braille signs a day.
    I'm unfamiliar with omni cnc's, but I had shop sabre quote their system, and that option was about 10k extra if I remember correctly.