• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question: Does anyone leave their mutoh printer on standby over long peroids of time?

0igo

I'm wondering if its okay to leave the printer on standby overnight or over the weekend or should i turn the printer off if im not going to be at the shop for 3-5 days?
also i have a mutoh valuejet 1624. thanks for the help.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If your power supply is stable and your carts are not too close to empty it would be a good idea to leave it in sleep mode with at a minimum setting to have it wake up every 12hrs and do a short cleaning.
That's the word I got from the dealer that sold me my 1624.

I am a little hesitant as my 1304 was in sleep mode for a weekend and at some point one of the carts popped up an empty flag in the middle of a cleaning cycle- the printer stopped with the head off the capping station crying for a cart change until I got in on Monday morning. You would think the firmware would be smart enough to re-park the head after a given length time with no response & await operator rescue. Maybe the 1624s are "smarter" but I don't want to find out the hard way.

wayne k
guam usa

letterman7

For what it's worth.. I have a 1204. I don't do much printing here so there are times that it will sit for a week before the next job comes through. Rarely have I had an issue with clogged nozzles. If it happens, a quick clean usually sets things straight. I might be playing roulette, but I have never had an issue with it sitting for more than a few days. More than a week.. yes, I would probably run it on a sleep cycle and have someone check on it from time to time.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Set the sleep cleanings to 12 hours and set it and forget it. In my experience, you can get away with a fairly long vacation without doing anything special to the machine. Letting it clean every 12 hours on economy cleanings will waste very little ink and keep the head from clogging for the most part. Make sure you do a manual cleaning around the cap top, wiper and bottom of the head to make sure everything seals up nicely.

thewvsignguy

Leave our's on 24/7 for the last 4 1/2 years. Cleaning cycles set to 12 hours and regular 2-3 time a week manual cleaning.

So far just need to replace the MS and wipers...

floater302

as long as the cap station seals you can go 3 days without using the printer and not worry about clogs, I shut my printers down, they use a lot of energy in my opinion to keep them running all the time when not in use.

printcleric

as long as the cap station seals you can go 3 days without using the printer and not worry about clogs, I shut my printers down, they use a lot of energy in my opinion to keep them running all the time when not in use.

Depends on your climate. If the humidity isn't right it could clog before 3 days, I'd wager.