Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for 54" Versacamm Owners

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Rhinoz, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Rhinoz

Rhinoz Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Do any of you who own the 54" versacamm wish that you upgraded to a 545 EX?

If so, why?
    If not, why? (apart from price)

Tags:
  2. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Not me, I'm fine with what I have so far. I just dont' have a need for any more speed at the moment, and the 6-colors just isn't that much of an issue at all.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Sometimes, you just have to know when to say… enough is enough. We have a 54” and a CJ-500. We know all of the pros and cons. As GraphiXtreme says, we’re Okay, too. If you don’t have anything, I would go for it. On the other hand, if you’ve made too much money at the end of the year and want to put it back into your business… then do it. In fact many suppliers know this happens and actually run end of the year specials for tax reasons [and their own reasons]. As far as better 4 color vs. 6 color, it’s a definite improvement, I can vouch for that. If you’ve got two shifts and the machine is running 80 hours, maybe an upgrade would be in your future and a good decision.

4. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Right now I can't imagine needing more machine. Perhaps one day.

5. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    I could use the speed.
    The Mimaki JV-5 is what I'm currently considering.