Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question For Randya

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by PMG, Oct 5, 2008.

1. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Hey Randya....in this picture the 1304 has a waste tray and a bottle........can that conversion be placed on the 1204s? I would like to get away from the waste tray. and if so where could i get a kit to convert it? Thanks.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Bump.........:popcorn:

3. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    There is currently no conversion kit or plans for a factory conversion kit.

4. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Randy can you give me some info on how this system works,,,can i drill a hole in the bottom of the waste tray and printer chassis and hook up some fittings and a tube,,, how would this affect the readings on the over flow for the waste tray ? can i buy the tank and tubes and fittings from Mutoh ? Is there any information on how this is hooked up?

5. randya

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg
    Here is the general idea from early prototypes.
    These ended up leaking at the fittings.
    I would recommend a 90 degree elbow that drops down, and reduce the number of connections to one straight down.

Mutoh does not do any retail, and we dont carry these kind of parts in stock.

Any polyethylene or polypropylene bottle, should do, I have seen them secured to the leg with velcro straps, but you should be able to buy a bottle and holder from your Mutoh dealer.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  6. randya

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Sorry,

Can you tell me how to post 'thumbnails'.

7. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    thanks Randya for the information...when ya get ready to send the message,, down below where you enter your message you will see a button called manage attachments from there you can upload,,you also must be in GO Advanced

8. randya

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Thanks!