Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question QUESTION for those of you who are running OMEGA 2.5

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Barry Jenicek, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Barry Jenicek

Barry Jenicek Member

Feb 8, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    If you are running Omega 2.5, what Operating System are you successfully running it on???

Win XP ??? Win 7??? Win 10??? WHAT????

Thanks in Advance

Bj

Tags:
  2. timgo

timgo Graphics Designer

Aug 20, 2016
    Delft
    OMEGA 2.5 can operate with Windows® Vista®, Windows XP and Windows 2000 operating systems. OMEGA 2.5 also provides several new features described in this document, and addresses multiple user-reported issues.

Most WIndows XP software are also compatibale with Windows 10, 8.7, Try to install the program if it works then it is compatible.

3. Barry Jenicek

Barry Jenicek Member

Feb 8, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks for the Info Tim.

However, I would like to hear from those who are ACTUALLY using Omega 2.5 and the OS they are using.

Bj

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Barry, to be fair you are asking for a narrow category of people on an older sfotware, that may be browsing the forum. I have ( not CURRENTLY) used omega 2.5 on Windows 7. I printed, and cut. I placed the software in Windows XP mode and did not have issues.

5. Barry Jenicek

Barry Jenicek Member

Feb 8, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Hi Jburns

Thanks for your reply.

Your comment that you had used Omega 2.5 on a Win 7 machine was very interesting to me. I thought the highest Operating System Omega 2.5 could run on was XP.

Jburns said that he is not CURRENTLY running Win 7 and 2.5. SOOoooo, how about the rest of you...are you currently running 2.5 on a Win 7 machine??? If so, did you run into any problems installing or needed to "tweak" the system to get it to run??????????

Thanks
    Barry

6. Tom S

Tom S Member

Dec 21, 2018
    SW Ont Canada
    I'm running 2.5 updated to 2.61 on windows 7 32bit as the hardware wasent capable of x64.
    nothing special needed at all, install and run.. thats it.

Tom.

7. Tattoosleeve

Tattoosleeve Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Prince George
    We recently upgraded to 5 but were running 2.6 on 3 seperate windows 7 machines for 5+ years with no problems. As mentioned above, we may have put them in windows XP mode when installing but I can't recall for sure. This may be more critical on the print/cut version than just a design station.