• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question for ValueJet owners

ProColorGraphics

Of those who own a Value jet, specifically the 64" model, what do you think of it? Would you recommend it? I am going to be in the market soon for a new printer and I am trying to decide what I want to get.

heyskull

Our VJ is the 1604 64" which now has neen suceeded by the 1614.
It's the best investment we have ever made.
Easy to use and maintain.
Fast and economical....
It's maybe not as well built as a Mimaki but we have had ours 3 years this October and it is still on its original printhead and the test print is faultless.
I keep this machine really really clean.
We are now running Lyson inks and after nearly 12 months I can't find a problem with switching inks except they are MORE scratch resistant!
Go on you will not be dissapointed.

SC

ProColorGraphics

How do you guys feel about do real high quality prints with it? I know obviously an aqueous printer would be the best, but I want to only have one machine. I currently have a VP-540 that I am selling and was hopefully going to get a 6 color printer. That is one thing that it holding me back on the Mutoh is that it is only a 4 color printer. How well does it do fleshtones, etc.?

tomence

How do you guys feel about do real high quality prints with it? I know obviously an aqueous printer would be the best, but I want to only have one machine. I currently have a VP-540 that I am selling and was hopefully going to get a 6 color printer. That is one thing that it holding me back on the Mutoh is that it is only a 4 color printer. How well does it do fleshtones, etc.?

What's wrong with the VP you are selling is it because of the size or the print.

ProColorGraphics

My original plan was to go with a 6 color printer. But I hear it more and more that you don't notice that big of a difference with the lC and lm. It is hard for me to choose because I can tell a difference with some sample prints that I have seen. I have a friend with a JV3 with a 6 color setup and he swears that he wouldn't use a 4 color. So I don't know. I am just considering a Mutoh since I seen a live demo and was really impressed with the print quality. Then, I can get a pretty good deal on a 54" setup. What are your impressions on a 54" versus a 64"? A 54" with a Graphtec cutter would be $17,500 setup and it is all new equipment. The 64" setup would be $$26,200.

tomence

That is a big difference in the price, but it all depends on your printing volume in your shop if you think you have enough work then buy it if not think about it. I would always buy the 64 over 54 or maybe wider you know the wider you go the work you can get and finish you don't have to be stuck at 54".