• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question from Wrap Newbie

sdfeldhake

Hi all. Any and all tips, tricks and insight you can give me will be greatly appreciated! I have been a print graphic designer for almost 10 years now but recently got in to the signs and wrap business. I have done 4 wraps so far for my company and they do not seem to be getting any easier as I thought they would. My questions is do you think it is better to design your vehicle wrap in Photoshop or Illustrator and if there is any difference in designing full scale vs. 1/4 scale? Even though I am using outlines of vehicles measurments and scale seem to be a problem for me. Do you know of any free tutorials for designing wraps? My company also has the Bad Wraps System - anyone have any feedback on this and is it worth learning? Like I said any and all suggestions will be helpful!
:thankyou:

kstompaint

Tips & tricks? Practice. We use Oracal, but definitely start with 3M. We design in Photoshop. The Bad Wrap templates are helpful and save time, but I can't stress enough to DOUBLE CHECK the measurements. We design full scale @ 72 DPI. It'll get easier... eventually. There is a wealth of information on this site. Any time you have a specific question or concern, search it!