• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question on dongles

oc63rag

I came across an old version (6.something) of Flexi for sale. It is the original disks (I've seen them) with user and password and manual. The only dongle the owner has is not for sale - she's using it. She said it came with her cutter, not the software.
Are there universal dongles that can be purchased or are they version/password specific?
Thanks

Si Allen

hahahahaha....if you fall for her BS, I have a bridge for sale...cheap!

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

JMDigital

Yup.. Dongles come with the software not the printer.. :)

Yes you can purchase a dongle. It will even come with a brand new wraped up CD with the program on it!

PMG

is it USB type or a serial type??? if its a serial type i think its for both the cutter and software,,my buddy has a old style Gerber with this type!!! If it is USB its for the software only!!!

JMDigital

Even if it is a serial type, they were just passthrough's for those of us that had serial mice and only 1 free port. The cutter does not look for dongle on the port the software does. Plus Flexi has their own dongle not a shared one with printers or cutters. :)

PMG

Got ya JM thanks for clearing that up because i was wondering how that worked!!!

Jetmech

Dongles are a joke. You either pay $1500 with a conscience, or download it free. That's the way it is.

Checkers

Dongles may be a pain, but if you're caught with pirated software, the joke is on you. Especially now, since more software companies are offering cash rewards for reporting the counterfeiting use of pirated software.
www.bsa.org

Checkers