• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question on New JV33

Jemmings

Mimaki White Ink Clogging Heads

Mimaki recommends removing the white ink carriage twice a week and shaking it to prevent settling that WILL result in a clogged head. Nature of the technology.

COREYAARON

yeah man, the JV33 is an exceptional machine, when used with a dependable ink it prints fast and reliable for years plus with it uses an Epson head anyway. If you have a concern for quality and precision for your high quality prints look no further....JV33 all the way baby. Caution though, using the white inks, be careful. Lets say you skipped a week or two and the contents of the cartridge settled, bye bye damper and some nozzles. Anyway the SS21 adheres easier than the ES3 to the media but both are Mimaki OEM. Have fun.

ast

Hi guys! Planning to get a JV33, is there a printing speed advantage using CC-MM-YY-KK setup, as compared to 6color+white setup?

as for the white ink, aside from clogging your printhead, are there other negative feedbacks? how about positive feedbacks, care to share? :)

ast

iSign

Hi guys! Planning to get a JV33, is there a printing speed advantage using CC-MM-YY-KK setup, as compared to 6color+white setup?
yeah, you could say that... how about DOUBLE!
yep... that's the advantage... a full 200% speed advantage on every single regular color print... just for the "advantages" of a wider color gamut for those minority (for me anyway) of jobs where sign customers think they are fine art critics...

If someone has a majority of their work requiring white or dramatically more precise color correction & matching... then sacrificing 50% of their print speed potential might make sense... but for most of us, I don't think it does.

ast

200% print speed is a big difference! :D anyway, so for the 4 color user, no problems with skin tone prints? ;)

ColesCreations

It's not a fine art printer, go for dual CMYK. Solvent White is crap. For fine art, buy a waterbase Epson or similar used for a few hundred $'s. If you need to print large format white, buy a Summa DC4.

ast

Yup the JV33 is a great machine, but terrible for us service guys trying to make a buck or two... Ridiculously reliable!

hahaha! so is that good, or bad?? :D

just to clarify, so the mimaki jv33 print head have 8 rows (nozzles)?

on CMYK setup, the printer will run 2 rows (nozzles) per color?

on CMYKLcLM+White, how will the print run the nozzles? CMYKLcLM-white-white?

TIA!

ast

Signmart

I really love my JV33 and the plotter as well. It prints great quality and I haven't had a problem with the ink or the smell.

ast

No white ink user in here? :) All negative info I read in here are 2nd hand infos and from CCMMYYKK users.

I love Rod Jam

JV33 160 combo

I have had my JV33 160 for over a year and it is fantastic, I print 1200 metres a week of mesh as well as high quality prints on canvas to 1000s of stickers and general signage per week. It is a work horse!

RodJam

ast

I have had my JV33 160 for over a year and it is fantastic, I print 1200 metres a week of mesh as well as high quality prints on canvas to 1000s of stickers and general signage per week. It is a work horse!

RodJam

what type of ink do you have now?

Rooster

I have the JV33/130 with CMYKCMLcLm Eco Solvents and love the quality.

Best inkjet printer I've ever owned.