• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question on Sandblast Resist

diverscott

What causes tiny "knobs" to be left when cutting out letters and such on resist?

The guy who does our resist cuts seems to have a problem cutting all the way around the letter or something (not sure what's going on - the boss interfaces with him, mainly). There's always a little spot left that's not cut all the way back to the blade's entry point. I'd like to have a solution the boss can present to him so we can skip all the copy clean-up before we blast. Is it blade type? Sharpness? Any ideas?

Jim Doggett

It could be a blade setting issue. Perhaps you're switching to a thick material blade and not adusting the offset for that blade. Blade-wear can also be an issue, which changes in offset as it wears.

Speed an pressure adjustments might help, too, assuming the uncut portion is quite minimal.

Good luck,

Jim