• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question on the q75 (fc7000-75)

Arstron

I never have any problems contour cutting with white vinyl with Oracle (651, 3651, 3165, etc), FDC, or 3m (only tried it once). I am using a Mutoh Valuejet 1204, and flexi sign 8.1 pro.

However I have a customer who is currently having their logo printed onto an ultra metallic silver. The print is coming out fine and the q75 will read the first registration mark without a problem, however once it gets to the second mark, it stops about a half inch shy of the registration mark and will not read it. After a lot of trial and all errors, I decided to increase the size of the print from a 4" round circle until it would read the registration marks, once I reached 4.45", the plotter read all for marks, but of course the circle was way off. If I use the same file with any of my other white vinyl, it comes out perfect, so I am thinking it has to be something with this vinyl. Has anyone experienced anything like this or know of a work around?