• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question: Roland XC-540 Calibration.

theprintlabtx

We have a Roland XC-540. I have replaced the existing heads in an attempt to save them. But it's to the point where we need to replace them and I am going to replace them myself. The question is, I need to calibrate the machine, but I don't have any of the equipment versaworks lists for calibration. I do have a ES-1000 but it's not listed. Is it possible to use that to calibrate?

The ES-1000 is an OEM version of the XRite EyeOne Pro measurement instrument. I would suspect that it would work with Versaworks if you configure as an EyeOne, but the only way to verify this is to try.

Ragnabrok

Calibrations are done with a #1 phillips screwdriver and a 1.5mm hex key. 2 physical adjustments (bias and vertical) and 2 electronic adjustments ( horizontal and bi-directional). A spectrometer would only be for profiling, and your existing profiles should still work.

Calibrations are done with a #1 phillips screwdriver and a 1.5mm hex key. 2 physical adjustments (bias and vertical) and 2 electronic adjustments ( horizontal and bi-directional). A spectrometer would only be for profiling, and your existing profiles should still work.

You are correct, however many people will use the term 'calibration' to describe the process of Linearizing the printer. This step, which precedes the ICC profile, requires a densitometer or spectrodensitometer, which is what the XRite EyeOne Pro is.

theprintlabtx

Yeah we also do laser printing so I am using the term calibration because that's how it's referenced on the laser printer we have and what we have the es-1000 from. Our roland is printing a magenta cast in light grays and light shades of other colors even pure white. So I need something needs to change, I can help the magenta with profile adjustments but I need a permanent fix rather than adjusting every job.