• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question...

mgcustomgraphics

I have this client placing an order for 4 Truck Wraps, some banners, Window decals etc, everythings ok so far exept one of the banners measures about 10 x 12 ft.
Well i dont have that big of a printer i can only go up to 74", so i figure ill outsource
the big banner since i dont want to give him something with seams i just rather give him a full piece banner, now my question is how much should i expect to be charged for outsourcing the big banner considering that i will provide the material and the file? how much would you charge?

We pay about $1.25 a sq foot including banner material. Why do you have banner material big enough if you don't have a printer that will handle it?

mgcustomgraphics

Thats good price, the reason is because printing is not the only thing you can use banner material for, you could also use It to do banners with vinyl cut for example.

skyhigh

Charge your normal price to the customer. As for what you will pay, why waste time asking us??? Make a couple calls to wholesalers......duh.

And post in the correct forum.
Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Charge your normal price to the customer. As for what you will pay, why waste time asking us??? Make a couple calls to wholesalers......duh.

He's asking what he should expect to pay, not what to charge.

signs2trade.com (MM)
Signs365.com (MM)

Check them both out, then join the forum as a premium member so you can really talk pricing.

If it's just a 13oz banner, don't waste a second of time trying to provide your own materials, just sub it out completely and get it in a few days...

skyhigh

signs2trade.com (MM)
Signs365.com (MM)

Check them both out, then join the forum as a premium member so you can really talk pricing.

If it's just a 13oz banner, don't waste a second of time trying to provide your own materials, just sub it out completely and get it in a few days.

Gotta read more than the first sentence FireSprint.

And post in the correct forum.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Regardless of what you pay or who you go to to make this banner..... how will you explain the banners you make in-house, probably looking different from the one you sub out ??

You might do better to sub out all of the banners to keep uniformity.

And like mentioned, don't supply your own material. Til you're done with freight two ways and bothersome headaches with your vendor using your media, it'll be cheaper in the long-run just to let them do it all.

skyhigh

Regardless of what you pay or who you go to to make this banner..... how will you explain the banners you make in-house, probably looking different from the one you sub out ??

I can't imagine that being an issue with banners (unless one looks really ****ty). In the unlikely event the customer would ask, tell him the banner was printed on a different machine that would accommodate the larger size......or, be up front & tell him you outsourced to your wholesaler to eliminate a seam.

There are more important things to worry about.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You could very well be right, but if they are making banners for a trade show or something where it might make a difference, it was only a thought that the OP might've not thought of and this could possibly help.

It doesn't hurt to throw things out there and see if they just might apply. It's certainly easier than just telling someone coming here asking questions no matter how silly you might think they are and tell him to go do his own homework.

How many times have you and I talked about things behind the scenes which might sound stoopid being posted, but we still want answers ??

I've had many-many conversations off the boards about what you probably consider more important and much less.

Just wondering why you're so tensed up today. :rock-n-roll:

EDIT: Ohhh.... you're spreading your voting joy around. Now I get it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

signs2trade.com (MM)
Signs365.com (MM)

If it's just a 13oz banner, don't waste a second of time trying to provide your own materials, just sub it out completely and get it in a few days...

Signs365 has not been an MM here since August. Azpro has not been an MM here since September.

Please check the Merchant List for current Merchant Members.