• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question?

laserman70

My girlfriend does a lot of crafting at home. I was thinking of taking our baby cutter which has been in a closet for 6 years home for her play with and create things.

Is there any software out there that isnt a fortune for her to cut graphics?

We use Flexi. I am not going to spend that kind of money for her crafting..

Thanks for the help..

WildWestDesigns

Inkscape has an extension for cutters. Now, not knowing the cutter that she will be using it may or may not have the same functionality or any at all (some of the joys of open source). However, since it is all free software, worth a shot anyway.

I know the extension works on my 24" Roland, but I also have to jump through other hoops being on a Linux rig to get that to work as well.

banjah2002

Forgot to mention, the extension is called "InkCut".
Hi, my linux is based on Debian and i have Mutoh Kona 1400 cutter connected to computer by USB so the problem is linux doesn't see the cutter inside print settings options. I have Inkscape 0.91 with InkCut extension as well.

WildWestDesigns

Hi, my linux is based on Debian and i have Mutoh Kona 1400 cutter connected to computer by USB so the problem is linux doesn't see the cutter inside print settings options. I have Inkscape 0.91 with InkCut extension as well.

Only thing I can think of is to see if it's setup correctly as a printer within you distros.

I use both RHEL and Debian based distros, but I have a Roland cutter. It could also be the lack of support for your cutter within that extension. One of the "joys" of open source at times.