• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions before making a purchase

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The reason your vendor is 'heads and shoulders' above your other vendors is probably based upon machine choice, knowledge and capability. Why don't you ask him what he has and buy one like his.

You could buy a nice used machine and you won't have anything better than the rest of your vendors and then you'll have spent some bucks for no reason at all.

This is the old saying.... comparing apples to oranges. You have or at least have not expressed any concern or knowledge that the 'Rolands' will perform as you so desire in order to keep your current level of product in tact.

Jim Hill

He uses a Mamaki

You question was:
The reason your vendor is 'heads and shoulders' above your other vendors is probably based upon machine choice, knowledge and capability. Why don't you ask him what he has and buy one like his.

First let me say the person doing my printing has become a good friend and I am in his shop a few times a week and I know just what equipment he uses and we have even talked about how much he spends a year on maintence of the printer and cutter.

He uses a Mamaki 62" which is just what he needs but it is much larger and more expense then what I need.
Thats why I am not looking to purchase a Mamaki printer. He does all kinds of signs and wraps so the larger machine works great for him.

You are right thought about him having the knowledge and the backround for the sign business he has a degree in grafhic design and he is very good with all the color management stuff and is designs are all sharp and layed out very well.

I have had the same sticker printed at four different sign shops and they all used different printers and when I laid all four stickers side by side the one done on his Mamaki was hands down the best in color by far.

The Roland Versacamm 30" printer just seems to fits better for my needs and Roland has been doing it for years.

I have talked to other owners of Verscamms and they like the machine and tell me it runs without many problems.

Jim