• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

questions for the customer

flat rock stan

Being a newbie I guess I posted this in the wrong place (wrap forum) and no one wants to answer, so I will try again here! hmmmmm...... I have had my head in the flexi training cd’s (great info) for weeks in preparation of adding wraps to my window tinting business and now I have a client calling before I’m really ready and wants a quote to wrap his fleet of 10 vans. I don’t know specifics yet, will find out tomorrow. In our meeting, of course I will find out about artwork and quality, is material supplied from corporate, what type of vans and time frame for completion. What other questions should I have for him other than payment details which I will save for the estimate?
Thanks in advance
Stan

RJ California

10 vans would be a great first order (a great order period).

I don't have a standard set of questions off the top of my head.

I would ask...
What sort of time period are they wanting for this campaign?-- 18 months, 3 years, 5 years, etc.
Will all vehicles be exactly the same?
Will you be able to work on the vehicles during regular business hours?
Would a partial wrap be advantagous for them (and you). It could be much faster and easier for you and more cost effective for the client.

Good luck.

Marie

I would ask about timeframe. How long can they let you have each van? When do they need the job complete?

masterdesigns

I like to get a feel for their budget; nothing is more frustrating working on full wrap concepts and designs, giving a quote and ending up with a magnetic sign sale.

Alot of customers want it all, but want it dirt cheap.

Also, recommend you ask more questions about the artwork; ie is it done by them, is it in a format that you accept and confortable using.

Lastely, before jumping in on a 10 vehicle oreder, I would recommend you wrap your own vehicle to get some hands on experience and a feel for how long it will take you to finish the wrap; the customer will definately have that question for you.

Good luck and post some pics after the job.
Bob