Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions for the customer

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by flat rock stan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. flat rock stan

flat rock stan Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Being a newbie I guess I posted this in the wrong place (wrap forum) and no one wants to answer, so I will try again here! hmmmmm...... I have had my head in the flexi training cd’s (great info) for weeks in preparation of adding wraps to my window tinting business and now I have a client calling before I’m really ready and wants a quote to wrap his fleet of 10 vans. I don’t know specifics yet, will find out tomorrow. In our meeting, of course I will find out about artwork and quality, is material supplied from corporate, what type of vans and time frame for completion. What other questions should I have for him other than payment details which I will save for the estimate?
    Thanks in advance
    Stan

Tags:
  2. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    10 vans would be a great first order (a great order period).

I don't have a standard set of questions off the top of my head.

I would ask...
    What sort of time period are they wanting for this campaign?-- 18 months, 3 years, 5 years, etc.
    Will all vehicles be exactly the same?
    Will you be able to work on the vehicles during regular business hours?
    Would a partial wrap be advantagous for them (and you). It could be much faster and easier for you and more cost effective for the client.

Good luck.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Id advise you to take a wrap class and get the basic know-hows or contract the work out and still make a profit.
    good luck

4. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I would ask about timeframe. How long can they let you have each van? When do they need the job complete?

5. masterdesigns

masterdesigns Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I like to get a feel for their budget; nothing is more frustrating working on full wrap concepts and designs, giving a quote and ending up with a magnetic sign sale.

Alot of customers want it all, but want it dirt cheap.

Also, recommend you ask more questions about the artwork; ie is it done by them, is it in a format that you accept and confortable using.

Lastely, before jumping in on a 10 vehicle oreder, I would recommend you wrap your own vehicle to get some hands on experience and a feel for how long it will take you to finish the wrap; the customer will definately have that question for you.

Good luck and post some pics after the job.
    Bob