• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions for those with CE5000-60

knifemaker3

Hey all,

I'm having troubles with my present cutter and am considering buying the Graphtec CE5000-60.

I understand it has ARMS system already.

I have a couple of questions.

1. How good is the tracking on long runs? 8-10 foot and longer?

2. Is the contour cutting accurate?

3. I have a laptop with usb ports and 32 bit vista system. Any problems running on this system?

Thought I'd question those that have them to see about my answers before talking with some salesman from Graphtec.

Thanks!

DRamm76

Hey Craig,

Here are some answers to your questions. Feel to contact me with any more.

1. How good is the tracking on long runs? 8-10 foot and longer? I personally have done jobs up to 14-16 feet on the CE5000 models. They are excellent for tracking long jobs. Of course, you want to make sure you have your material lined up properly in the machine as well. A lot of dealers have 50yd rolls cut down and sell 10yds so sometimes the rolls aren't as wounds as tight considering they go from being rolled by a machine to rolled by human hands..So just double check the roll beforehand also.

2. Is the contour cutting accurate? Dead on. I am yet to see one not cut the way it should be cutting. We also include a free training dvd and it really breaks down the application of contour cutting with programs like Adobe Illustrator and Corel to make sure you get it right every time!

3. I have a laptop with usb ports and 32 bit vista system. Any problems running on this system? Only 64 may give you a headache until everyone gets up to speed. 32 will work fine.

4. Will it cut sandblast? Absolutely! Depending on your blade and how thick of a mask you are using, you may find yourself needing to adjust the offset from time to time, but you always get a solid result!

Good luck to you!

Jackpine

I think it is the best cutter for the money. I have a CE3000Mk2 and the contour cuts of printed film is as good as it gets. I cut sandblast mask and have not had a problem. I even cut a ridged stencil material with no problem. If I were cutting a lot of stencil material I would consider a FC seriel but you can't go wrong with a CE.
Thanks for the replies guys! I may have to seriously consider one as it is in my price range.

trakers

Very happy with our Graphtec.

It will do 8 foot runs all day long with accuracy that boggles my mind.

I mean, it starts cutting, goes 20 some inches to the right, then rolls out 8 feet of material, then 20 some inches to the left, than all the way back and it lines up perfectly. I find that amazing.

I do "pre-unroll" for those longs runs just as a safety precaution.

schurms

I have a graphtec cutter, works great, you will never be sorry for the money spent. And what Jackpine says.