• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions on 11880

cmykpro

Hello all,

I have an Epson 11880 that has been a workhorse for the past few years. Unfortunately the mainboard has been failing and the cost for replacement is too high to justify when I can buy a Canon at dealer cost. My question is that the printheads are still perfect and I would like to remove them and part out the machine. I found a field service manual and it states I need to get draining and cleaning cartridges but I cannot find them for sale anywhere. I'm wondering if their is a cost effective way to flush the heads without damaging them so i can re-sell the heads or if it is even worth it? Also are there any other parts I should try and pull that would be considered valuable?

Thanks much for any input.

Robert M

Flush that head

Those heads are worth trying to save. Google Epson head cleaner, all kinds of ideas on what to use as a flush. We were told to use distilled water if nothing else was available. The main board can be used as a trade in for a Mutoh printer.