• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions regarding a vinyl cutter / plotter.

O2 Designs RSA

Hi all, I’m based in South Africa and I’m currently looking at purchasing a new cutting machine for my window frosting business, but I have a few questions. The two ranges I’m looking at are the V-series V-1660 and the V Smart series V3-1660 (http://am.co.za/plotter)

The only difference between the v-series and the v-smart series is that the v-smart series has a Contour Cutting system which uses a laser optical eye which reads multiple registration mark patterns on pre-printed media to obtain accurate contour cutting for the production of decals, stickers, heat transfer and packaging in the print and cut operation.

Can anyone please help with the following questions:

1. In regards to the v-smart series would it be viable to purchase such a machine if most printers are print and cut combinations?
  2. Does anyone have a similar cutter / plotter with a contour cutting system? – If so, who would the potential client be?
  3. Does anyone make money with a plotter? – If so, who would the potential client be?
  4. If you have any further insight I might benefit from please include the information.

I make money with the window frosting and that’s why I would like to make the purchase however if I can I would like to get the best and most out of this purchase so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Regards,
Elouise :notworthy:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Excuse me, but what's window frosting ??

I've heard of window tinting and etching, along with frosting a cake, but must be having a brain fade on this one.

:thankyou:

neato

I don't have an answer to your question, but that's a pretty cool business idea. I just looked at your website. Are you able to stay busy enough with window frosting only?

JgS

You are going to wonder how you ever worked without a cutter once you get one. Don't get the V/series. It looks like it would only be useful to a scrapbooker. It will cost you more money in wasted material than it's worth.The V/smart looks like it would work but I would look around for a cutter with a servo motor.