Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick ? about tractor

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by RubberDuckyDecals, Oct 17, 2006.

1. RubberDuckyDecals

RubberDuckyDecals Member

Sep 30, 2006
    so, i ordered non perforated film for my roland gx24 but ordway sent me perforated. Can I still use perforated film and have it feed correctly?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Probably.

If the vinyl goes out to the edge no problem at all. If it has the 1/2" cut-away, it might not track very well, as it becomes a little slippery against the backing waxed paper.

3. giantsfan1951

giantsfan1951 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    i use perfed vinyl all the time in my CX 300 and used it in my PC 900 for years ... no problems

4. RubberDuckyDecals

RubberDuckyDecals Member

Sep 30, 2006
    cool, thx guys. the holes are about 1/4in from the edge so I suspect it should be ok. Just wasn't sure if I should be sending this roll back or just dealing with it.

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I think you will find that most vinyl distributors will offer 15" and 30" roll widths in perforated only while 24" and 48" will be offered as non-perforated. This is to accomodate Gerber plotter owners whose plotters will be either 15" or 30".

6. learned the hard way

learned the hard way Active Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Set your pinch rollers slightly inside the perf lines. If you set the rollers on the perf, it makes a heck of a racket when the machine rolls the vinyl in and out quickly. Also, over time, the rollers will squeeze adhesive through the holes in the vinyl and get it all over your pinch rollers, leaving you with lumpy rollers that have to be cleaned.

7. RubberDuckyDecals

RubberDuckyDecals Member

Sep 30, 2006
    ohhh that's a very good suggestion, thx =)

8. TheSignDepot

TheSignDepot New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    This just happened to me and was driving nutts, I walked by while my cutter was running 15" perf, I asked what the HECK that noise was, I was getting ready to completely tear it apart and check all the gears but this had to be the problem because I've been cutting vinyl all day using 24 inch and not a peep. I really can't believe this came up but greatful it did.

Happy Cutting
    :beer

9. Hollywood

Hollywood Member

Aug 24, 2006
    All I use is Per in my CX 300, youll b fine