• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick Books for contact management?????

GypsyGraphics

Sure would appericate any QuickBook users comments...

After using Excel for invoicing for more than 10 years, I'm looking for a better option for invoicing and tracing project that also has some level of contact management. I've demo FleMaker pro but it's so over the top for what I need and after 30 days of demoing it, realize setting it up to suite my needs is just too much work and frankly beyond my capabilities.

I'd found a document at one time that discussed Quick Books set-ups to suite specific industries including advertising and design, which is exactly what I need. At the time I thought I was going with FileMaker and didn't save or bookmark it.:banghead:

With year-end just around the corner, I'm desperate to find a solution for quoting, invoicing and tracking job and contacts. Ideally, I'd like to use my holiday shut down from Christmas to New Years to make the transition. If I'm do do that I can't waste another 30 days just trying to find the software.

Your advice/experience with Quick Books or any other software suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kevin-shopVOX

I like estimate personally as it is a solid POS create invoices, accepts payments, pulls reports, job tracks and exports financials to quickbooks so you can pull better reports. I complement job tracking, appointments with my Storm and a few apps as well as google docs sharing calendar, tasks etc.

TheSnowman

Been using quickbooks since 2001, great program. Put on disc, take to accountant, dazzit for end of the year.

GypsyGraphics

SignHere & Kraig, do either of you use QB as a form of contact management as far as tracking project & communication with clients. Or am I think QB has capabilities that is doesn't.

Maybe with 3rd party add-ons?

Thanks, gg

RaptorRay

Quickbooks has an add-on package called, what else but, Contact Manager for Quickbooks. It is also a stand alone application I believe.

Ray

TheSnowman

I just use Quickbooks for invoicing and estimates. I'm sure it does a ton more than what I'm using it for.