Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question about dye sub printer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by threeputt, Feb 15, 2011.

1. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Looks like our Epson 1400 has bit the dust. A replacement, a Ricoh, is on the way.

My question is this: Is the little bulk ink system that is attached to the cartriges have any value? Or does it go to the dump with the printer?

Obviously I'm new to this, having just purchased this engraving and trophy business.

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Only if you are able to find someone that is willing to pay to take it off your hands.

3. threeputt

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    got it

4. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    I've got a 1400 almost new, if you have a need to go with that one, I'll gladly cut you a deal on it. It doesn't have the bulk ink system.

5. threeputt

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Thanks, but I guess the ladies in our engraving dept. have ordered the Ricoh and it's on it's way. The 1400 is on it's way also...that is...on it's way to the dumpster.

6. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    If you are going to throw it in the trash, I'll pay for you to box and ship me the bulk ink system. It might make selling mine easier. If it's too much trouble, no problem, but if it's something easy to do, I'll pay you to ship it.

Just let me know.

Thanks-

7. threeputt

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Send me your shipping address via PM and I'll box it up and shoot it off to you. Some of the ink packets have ink some look and feel a bit used up.