• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick question about terminology.

threeputt

We are getting ready to wrap our shop truck. And of course I've been agonizing over the exact verbage I want on there. Here's my question:

Is the word "wrap" so very understood by the public, that using that word on the vehicle would be easily connected to the idea of wrapping a vehicle with advertising?

I've quandared about this, and am trying to use what they call "outside in" thinking. Sure "wrap" means something to me, but is it generally understood?

Comments?

wildside

people in this area have no idea what a "wrap" actualy is. They refer to it as "paint". It takes some explaining around here, don't know about anywhere else.

high impact

Same here...we've found that very few people understand the term until we explain it as wallpapering the car, truck or trailer. Our trailer is wrapped and that is the best explanation there is.

threeputt

Thanks. You know we throw words around, as insiders, and often don't think about whether they're understood by the "lay" person.

I'll await more comments, before I design my "wrap".

cardfan4342

People in my area are convinced that a WRAP is what they want. In most circles, it is the popular thing to do. Sometimes they want wrapped even if all they really need is a great piece of advertising applied to the vehicle.

Rod

Yes, around here a "wrap" is a sandwich (usually) from a Lebanese restaurant.

Perhaps you need to be bold about your statements in such a way as to educate people at the same time. For example, declaring (more or less) the terminology in a loud manner (e.g., "STELLAR VEHICLE WRAPS!") and then refine it with statements like "Make an impact with your wheels" and "Vehicle graphics that enhance your style."