• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

quick question for mimaki users...

ironchef

I bought my power surge today and was looking for a 15 ft gold plated usb cable. Its going with a cjv30-130. Ive called best buy, tigerdirect, no one has a 15ft usb gold cable. What length and what type of cables are you guys running? Anyone with an ethernet/gigabit setup?

ironchef

Thanks. I was told to get gold plated... also 2.0 usb cables right? Not 3.0? Either way i don't have any 3.0 ports on my pc

ironchef

How many of you rip from the design pc? And if not do you use laptops to rip? I'm stuck whether or not to get a massive pc with 3 screens lots of ram i7 2tb and a ssd. Or just keep the one i have now for design and get a laptop to rip from? I would like to rip and design on the same pc. I could use the third monitor just for the rip screen. Or do you guys not recommend this?

121a

We have the same printer and are running a 10ft gold+25ft active extension cable (it has a signal booster on it). No problems what so ever.

ironchef

Hmmm. Interesting, i saw those swell. But dismissed the idea thinking it wouldn't work. Is there any specs i need on those?. I estimated the length i need and its about 18 to 19ft

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We also use a long active extention cable. Biggest drawback to having the rip on the same computer is if it is ripping a large file the computer can slow to a crawl while its processing the file.....

I do not remember the brand of the cable we bought. Generic one from online somewhere. The Mimaki does not have an Ethernet connection so that is not an option.

O

onlinestar

We ran regular 2.0 non plated 15' cables just fine. Tried active USB extensions and it did not work (some data was always lost/messed up). You can rip n print from 1 pc just fine BUT really depends on your workflow / load.

O

onlinestar

But if you try dedicated rip / separate design station there is no going back

ironchef

Hello to all. So i decided to move my pc so its closer to where the mimaki will go. That way i can buy a 10 or 12 ft usb cable. Also. Im leaving my current pc to rip and print. And will buy a pc just for designing. My budget for that is a grand to 1200.