• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

quick question for pros

GARY CULY

men ...going to move the mimaki to another shop ...now how long you men think i can leave it unplugged ..it cleans itself every hour now ...hink itll go 2-3 hours and not clog up? then plug er in and let it do its deal.....whaddya think?
let me say something else ,,im not going to flush all the lines and do all that ,go through all the fill up deal ,so thats out!
i can makit there in 1 hour for sure ,but if anyone has done this how long quarenteed can it go ,not clog up?
thank you for your thoughts

WB

2/3 should be fine..

On side not.. make sure you turn off your computer then turn off you Mimaki then unplug the firewire cable after both are off.
I unplugged ours with the compute ron and I fried the Firewire board inside cost us $800

MobileImpact

your fine. I've gone for two days with no issues. Just once you get back up and running do a nozzle wash and a couple strong cleanings

Kevin

iSign

I agree that a few hours is fine, even over night. If I knew I was going to be out of power 2 days, I'd probably buy a generator, but good to know you got away with that Kevin.

When I first got my printer, I ran out of ink cartridges & the self-clean cycle won't run when there is an empty cartridge, so I ended up calling Barry from printingdigital.net for advice. He taught me a trick that I wouldn't try while moving the machine, but it might be good advice for other circumstances.

He had me start a nozzle wash & then cut the power to the Mimaki in the middle of the wash. This left the heads down in the solvent of the capping station. I don't remember how long I left them down, so get a second opinion before trying this, but I think during the 3 days I had to wait for inks, I didn't leave it soaking overnight... I just did it once every 12 hours.

GARY CULY

10-4 men i thank you ..sorta one of those deals where "i think itll be o.k" but a few people KNOWING..always takes the paranioa out of my head...i hate disasters that are caused from just being stupid....lol
thanks again

eforer

You'll be fine, if you're really worried about it you can do this:

Go into maintenance mode, and select carriage out.
Fill the caps with cleaning fluid.
Return the carriage.
Unplug the machine or shut the main breaker off.

This will leave the solvent sitting in the caps and the heads will just soak in it. Think of it like a super long nozzle wash. You don't want to do this for days on end as the solvent will evaporate. Its the method I use if there is a power problem, or the machine has to be moved/stored for any reason for a day or so.

Probably overkill, but its a good little trick.

Marie

Our Mimaki sat for 2 weeks without power after Katrina - and after a good head wash, it was fine. I am NOT saying to try that, but I wouldn't worry about a few days. Good luck!

GARY CULY

Just a comment on moving mimaki for those who need to do it one day ..all went well ! machine was "unplugged for bout 6 hours ...didnt do a wash or anyhing .put in some 3651 and done a couple prints .all is good
i might add if you didnt know ..a mimaki [or probly any other machine] should be leveled ....there built to be level whiile operating ....thanks all that commented on this thread