Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question on Fellers banner tape

Discussion in 'Materials' started by trakers, Jul 1, 2013.

1. trakers

trakers Very Active Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Midwest
    Anyone use banner tape from Fellers?

Which do you prefer the TAKIT or TUFFTAPE III?

They also carry the Orabond but we do not like it.

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I use the Orabond, what don't you like about it?

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We use Tufftape. It works well and is inexpensive. Have used Orabond in the past with no issues, but it got spendy. To tell the truth we have used so many different tapes through the years I can't remember all of them. Never had a tape related failure.

4. trakers

trakers Very Active Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Midwest
    Just didn't feel like the Orabond had the high-tack of other tapes we have used. Typically we order banner tape from Grimco, but I need to place an order with Fellers for ink today, so thought we give them a go.

Thanks for the feedback!

5. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    NY
    we like powertape

6. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    We use the Tak-it. Order about 7 rolls at a time. Can't compare it to the other two you mention because we haven't used them.

7. SameDay Signs

SameDay Signs Member

Oct 20, 2010
    tiffin ohio
    Tuff & Tak-it are both about the same. I order a boatload from Fellers normally but have been ordering the banner tape from Grimco because it is the same price and instead of 36 yards you get 50 and it seems to be as good as any I've bought. But I would not order Orabond it feels to thin and if you read description it isn't suggested to be used on material heavier then 10oz. Buy the rolls and then hop back to Grimco just my 2c.

8. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
  9. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio

I can vouch that this is good tape. I usually order 10-15 rolls at a time, about 1/2 the cost of tape from Fellers or Grimco and I actually like this stuff better than Grimco's because it has a heavier paper backer and is easier to peel.

Reminds me, I need to order some more, I think I'm down to my last 2-3 rolls.

10. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    We are having a special this month on our Double Sided Banner Hem Tape! Our hem tape is 1" x 164' (55 yrd). Mention that you saw this on Signs101 to get a free roll of hem tape, no purchase necessary; 1 free roll per customer only. Offer expires July 31st, 2014. For more information, please give us a call 909-393-1333 and ask for our Media Department.

http://www.display-wholesale.com/servlet/the-159/Bannner-Hem-Tape/Detail

11. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
  12. Hog Wild graphics

Hog Wild graphics Member

Apr 2, 2011
    texas
    We use Takit. We order it by the case to get better price. Sticks good but really like the fact that you can tear it off clean instead of having to use a blade without the gummy glob we get when we try to tear others.

13. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office

Phooey. Ordered 4 rolls a while back and now you're givin' it away. LOL.

Tape works very well, and is the best price per foot I've found anywhere.(including shipping):thumb:

Will be doing a banner later today.

14. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Just ordered another 10 rolls from SignWorld - can't believe we burned through 10 rolls in about 2 weeks, which was from my last post.

I also asked for a free roll in the messages portion at time of order. Hope they see it...