• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick question on X3

muledalton

I've designed a multilayer logo on coreldraw x3 and need to send it to my vinyl cutting program. The problem is that when I export it to Cut Studio it exports all the cut lines for each layer like the pictures below. I need to merge or melt all 3 layers together in corel to 1 layer so that I don't have cut lines going over other cut lines. Hope the picture explains it better.
ranger1.JPG
ranger2.JPG

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Select them all and then use the "simplify" option under the weld tab.

If this does not work you can select all the center elements and use the outline command also under the weld tab.

If you still can't get what you want add a new layer and use the smart fill tool to create a new single object - then delete the multi part layers.

wayne k
guam usa

Shovelhead

The objects that make up the Texas should be "combine"(d) first to make an object and then start to weld your objects together.

Jim Doggett

You might want to consider CoCut Pro, for the future. It saves a bunch of steps and time by making CorelDRAW designs vinyl-ready when they're sent to the cutter. (from within Corel) It automatically groups and welds objects for cut-by-color and gives you the option of adding reg-marks for lining up the color layers.

www.cocut.com

Best,

Jim