Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question on X3

Discussion in 'Corel' started by muledalton, Jun 17, 2009.

1. muledalton

muledalton Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I've designed a multilayer logo on coreldraw x3 and need to send it to my vinyl cutting program. The problem is that when I export it to Cut Studio it exports all the cut lines for each layer like the pictures below. I need to merge or melt all 3 layers together in corel to 1 layer so that I don't have cut lines going over other cut lines. Hope the picture explains it better.
    ranger1.JPG
    ranger2.JPG

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    arrange/shaping/WELD and TRIM are your friend.

3. Ponto

Ponto Active Member

Nov 24, 2008
    what he said but take care to proof your results before committing to vinyl...

JP

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Select them all and then use the "simplify" option under the weld tab.

If this does not work you can select all the center elements and use the outline command also under the weld tab.

If you still can't get what you want add a new layer and use the smart fill tool to create a new single object - then delete the multi part layers.

wayne k
    guam usa

5. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    The objects that make up the Texas should be "combine"(d) first to make an object and then start to weld your objects together.

6. muledalton

muledalton Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Got it! Thanks for the help!

7. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    You might want to consider CoCut Pro, for the future. It saves a bunch of steps and time by making CorelDRAW designs vinyl-ready when they're sent to the cutter. (from within Corel) It automatically groups and welds objects for cut-by-color and gives you the option of adding reg-marks for lining up the color layers.

www.cocut.com

Best,

Jim