Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question please help ???

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kustom.printing, Apr 9, 2009.

1. kustom.printing

kustom.printing Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I am trying to cut a circle out of a design in Illustrator, when I test cut it is perfect but the circular designed in Illustrator comes out like this

Untitled-1.jpg

I don't know if you can see but it is curving in and out not 100% circular, sometimes it just comes out more oval.

Other shapes and like I said before the test print are perfect.

I have the right profile, sheet set up right, everything is pointing to Illustrator, I have the cut contour stroke on 0.25pt.

I would really appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
    Tags:
  2. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    Could be your monitor settings as it may be viewed on way but if your monitor settings are set widescreen or more "stretched" it may not be viewed as designed.

Try to recreate a different circle and you may already know this but hold Shift down when enlarging it to make it fully proportional. Hope that helps. Email me if you have any questions. Or you can send me the file and I can check it out here on my end

3. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    If it is the little edge on the left side of the picture, then it probably the blade offset setting under the cutting adjustment on the printer. Try adjusting that and see what happens.