• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick rant

Farmboy

Maybe it's my own fault, but every now and them we'll design something up for a customer to their specs only to never hear from them and then see they've had it done someplace else and it looks nothing like what they wanted.

Craig Sjoquist

Well don't let it burn ya, use it to drive forward and do it better next time.

Been there done that has the T-shirt more then once lol.

Jillbeans

As long as you got paid up front, who cares.
If you did it without a deposit, you need to not do that anymore.
Problem solved.
Most people don't really know what they want.
Love....Jill

OhioSignShop

most business clients are not designers and really don't know what they want until they see it. I'd much rather design after a meeting with the client regarding budget, usage and objective results expected, then provide several different rough layouts. After the several rough proofs are reviewed (in person if possible) we have a better idea of where we are going. In other words we don't waste time on a "finished" design too early in the process. Mark all layouts with your "boiler plate" template and "Copyright". We charge a fee for spec layouts and all signage estimates and lock pdf's. The fee actually works to our advantage as clients feel they have an investment in the process from the start.