• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick window splash

Craig Sjoquist

Some of you maybe wondering what my main work is and how I do this riding the bicycle pictured with trailer.
since this has been my MAIN transportation this year so far 7 months 3 mths with my pickup
each took about 1 1/2 hrs (had to wait for paint to dry) before I can letter and outline

1st cut & squeege on wet ..white vinyl paint mask
2nd lay out using china marker or charcoal stick.. when avaliable.. then color
3rd lay copy on darker panel colors then letter & outline
4th cut away unwanted white vinyl ..clean up ..done

Attachments

• set4 015.jpg
    set4 015.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 115
  • set4 026.jpg
    set4 026.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 81
  • set4 028.jpg
    set4 028.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 79
  • set4 029.jpg
    set4 029.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 94
P

ProWraps™

craig. wonderful talent. great job. as usual, you do good work.

PMG

Nice work......um and nice transportation ........what kind millage ya get with that hehehhehe LOL:U Rock:

Ken

These healthy people kill me...
Shouldn't that bike be battery powered?
lol
Ken

Jillbeans

Looks great, Craig.
Very old-school, which I like to see.
I love your bike sign and setup!
Can just imagine seeing you pedaling around town.
Love....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

thank you ya'll for your words are kind .. it does get to me but at 58 no complaints to be still riding and good health.. and getting more used to using this computer lol to place pictures etc
.... yes do get strange looks with all my stuff carryed, since my trucks have been down so much building a trailer that will hold at least 500 lbs. and my scaffoldling some jobs will use 3 sections up plus wheels n legs and all needed ..trying to cut down on trips
... sometimes a little hard to present a good image selling .. then again others have been sold cause I'll take these steps to work done

the cooler is great for keeping paint and supplies ..less chance of paint drying out during transport even in my truck or my box van which also not working

biggest hassle here is the county n city does not bicycles on the roads, even police hassle me n threaten besides people on a daily basis, defence has come to mind a few times

so thank you

onesmf

Are you kidding me? Hucking around town on that bike and making money doing it? That is my idea of a great job! I think I just found an appropriate recipient of my old ride. Seriously, shoot me a pm if you perhaps would be interested in an upgrade. I have numerous bike parts and frames laying around waiting for a good home. I always appreciate hard core commuters. Have a great day.

Ken

Hey..Craig..what you are doing is awesome...I'm gonna get me a horse...of course I'm kidding..but I truely respect what you are doing..
Cheers!
Ken

Craig Sjoquist

yea I know it's kinda crazy... in real the money does come slow, but earn a living

but truck has had it's better days ..and I'm unable to repair all problems it's had

just found out they look at it this week .. if unable to repair .. I've got another truck lined up..

look at my new website for a few more ... http://www.592sign.com if ya like

Rick Tea

Thank you for sharing with us your very nice work. I hope you are still doing well and that you are prospering in all aspects of life. Take care.

Dan Antonelli

Cool stuff. May sound corny, but I love the C in CASH in the first pic. Just a really awesome C. The rest is great too, but I love the C.

I'm such a dork for hand lettering....

signgal

Love, love, love and respect your work, Craig. Have from day one! Can't wait for the day we can work together :)

Patrick46

Am I to understand that you're painting these on TOP of a low tack vinyl??

I've done ALOT of window splashes, and never heard of this trick.

Nice to see you have a way of keeping the beer cold on those hot working days! :thumb:

...and I totally dig using the bike to work from.

Marlene

nice looking work. my favorite is the one for the smokes. great layout. I also love how you made the sign to fit on your bike. how cool is it that you can do your work using a bike!