• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QuickBooks Document Management - Attaching Files to Transactions

SqueeGee

We're trying to streamline operations which includes having less physical documents to file and track. Being that many vendors now send us PDF's of our invoices, I want to be able to attach these files to the transactions that are associated with them in Quickbooks. The benefits of this arrangement are obvious.

So the newest version of Quickbooks (2012) includes a version of this feature . Also, there is a highly rated plug in called Paper Save Plus http://www.papersaveplus.com.

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried either of these solutions and if so, what comments you might have on your experience.

FWIW, the upgrade to Quickbooks would run me about $150. The plug in would run double that.

I'm waiting on a call back from Paper Save to ask them how their program is different from what's now essentially "free" from Quickbooks.

Last edited:

signswi

Good question. I know how to do it in Salesforce but haven't tried it in QuickBooks. Hopefully someone here has, would be good to know.

SqueeGee

The salesman called me. There doesn't seem to be any significant differences between the QB2012 version and the Paper Save Plus version. PSP will allow you to view all attachments outside of QB in a separate window but I'm not sure how that would be beneficial to me. We'll likely just upgrade QB and go from there.

SqueeGee

I downloaded the QB update and tried out the document attachment. It's pretty straight forward and works well. So far so good!

Kevin-shopVOX

I know it can be done with signVOX easily. With Quickbooks does it only work with QuickBooks online or is it a local feature as well?