• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QuickBooks & Excel

rjssigns

Hoping someone can help. We have latest version of Quickbooks. Exporting to Excel works, but then the problems start. Some things are locked out or put in odd places. We want to use Excel to generate ordering summaries such as last time an item was purchased, quantities, unit cost etc...
As it stands now the exported data is unusable. No clue what's why the data stream is messed up.

WildWestDesigns

It's been a long time since I've used quickbooks (even longer since Excel), but when you are exporting are you doing the direct to Excel or are you doing the info as a CSV and then bringing that into Excel?

If the former, I would try the later as that is the more generic form. I've always used CSV when bringing in things like this.

rjssigns

Wife did direct export from QuickBooks. I will have her try the CSV route. Thanks for the help.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
This may sound like a stupid question, but you're actually using Excel, right? Not OpenOffice or LibreOffice. Because that could cause the data to come in wrong, too.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Exporting to Excel works, but then the problems start. Some things are locked out or put in odd places. We want to use Excel to generate ordering summaries such as last time an item was purchased, quantities, unit cost etc...
Understand the basics. You are looking for discrete column headers (such as Purchase Date) in QuickBooks to match the same in Excel. If you see these in QB as an item option in any export dialog, then you should have no problem. If you don't see the option, then QB has the functionality disabled.

Although you've said you are using the latest version of QB, there are different levels of QB with different capabilities.

rjssigns

Understand the basics. You are looking for discrete column headers (such as Purchase Date) in QuickBooks to match the same in Excel. If you see these in QB as an item option in any export dialog, then you should have no problem. If you don't see the option, then QB has the functionality disabled.

Although you've said you are using the latest version of QB, there are different levels of QB with different capabilities.

Disabled function, interesting. I will relay the information. Thank you.