• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QUOTE HELP. I've never had a quote request like this.

Signed Out

The fallacy in your calculations is "so far only 30 minutes hands on". That implies you don't charge for the time your printer is occupied running whole 50 yd rolls of vinyl.

I don't follow? How long would you estimate for handling of material to get on/off the printer and laminator? I bet it's a whole lot less than sending the file to your plotter 100 different times. I understand you can be processing one decal on a table as you are plotting the next one, but still going to be a lot of wasted time there. My point was that you can do this job as print/cut with a lot less human labor. Ability to print overnight with unattended printers is the cherry on top.

Of course we charge for printer time. But it is not at the same rate as human labor, it's cheaper. The way I do it is I have a sqft ink charge built into our pricing, which reflects our cost of ink plus markup and printer time.

Raven Graphics

I usually give price breaks for increasing quantity sets (ie. They get a cumulative discount of 5% for every 50 decals they get up to a max of 20 %, 50 being 5%, 100 being 10%, so on). This method can be modified to start after a certain quantity as well (ie. They get a cumulative 5% discount for every 50 decals they get after 100 decals, 150 being 5%, 200 being 10%, so on).

Jayefkay531

If you have the capability to print/cut, especially at this quantity, why wouldn't you? I would print on 60" material, 2 wide, to a take up. Laminate to a takeup. Contour cut with barcode to take up (with weeding lines). So far about 30 minutes hands on labor, weeding would take about 4 hours, setup work table so you can roll up weeded vinyl to another takeup reel. Tape decals with laminator, sheet cut and cut in half as you go (2 hrs). Done 1 guy less than a day, good money maker if you charge at or very close to market value (which you should) very easy to give stuff away too cheaply blindly pricing with time+material. Especially when you start shaving your production time.

I know this is an older post but I just came across it. Out of curiosity, how would you print this with a contour on a 60" roll? I'm running an L360 using Onyx 12. Once I put on a contour cut, I can't print that large. 60" wide material can only print 56" width contoured file. Is there a way to adjust this?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I know this is an older post but I just came across it. Out of curiosity, how would you print this with a contour on a 60" roll? I'm running an L360 using Onyx 12. Once I put on a contour cut, I can't print that large. 60" wide material can only print 56" width contoured file. Is there a way to adjust this?
You need room for your marks... What cutter are you using?

Jayefkay531

You need room for your marks... What cutter are you using?

I know you need room for the marks. I have an older Summa cutter. The registration marks means you cant print using the full width of the roll, so how would he print two 29" images side by side?

visual800

If I was doing that quote I would place a small black line under the orange line and that would tell me where the orange line goes. As far as pricing AS AN EXAMPLE I would do a single for $100, 50 of them for 90 per and 100 at $85. thats a lot of labor to cut something that large and a lot of material I would do 751 oracal, 30" rolls. chances are the might do 50 at a time.

on the prices above notice I said AS AN EXAMPLE so dont be attacking me thinking thats what i would charge for this job

Raven Graphics

I don't think there's any way to print end to end on a roll of material, with or without CutContour. In a scenario like this, I always try to convince the customer to scale down their decals to fit two side by side. They usually go down this road, as it is more cost effective and a difference of an inch or two usually isn't a deal breaker.