Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Quoting per running metre or square metre

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by solantis, Aug 26, 2020.

1. solantis

solantis Member

Aug 17, 2013
    South Africa
    To help me simplify the quotation process I have worked out the cost per square metre of chromadek and just marked that up but I have been wondering is this method of calculation correct or should I work with a running metre instead?

Sorry to those using the imperial system

Tags:
  2. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    You may certainly quote per square to your customer if you find it necessary but you should definitely know the total costs of materials including any scrap and waste in order to calculate profit and inventory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Linear metre, unless you want to loose your shirt, hat, boots, and house in general, over a run of 31" prints where you only stock 60" material. (Or centimeters)

• Like Like x 1
  4. solantis

solantis Member

Aug 17, 2013
    South Africa
    If a roll of vinyl (45m x 1370mm) costs me $100 it makes my cost (excluding overheads and other expenses) $2.2 per running metre.

Now what if a client orders a single vinyl print of 2m x 700mm? I would usually just multiply 2 * 0.7 * $2.2 to find the cost. Would that not be a correct way of calculating it?