Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News R I P Eddie Van Halen

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jeremiah, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I have my Priorities Straight. Sad Day ! Eddie Van Halen Died Today of Cancer .

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    RIP Eddie!

3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I watched this several weeks ago. It appears to have been done 2017.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    Eddie van Halen (65) died: "He was the hero of a generation"

Guitarist Eddie van Halen and co-founder of the hard rock band Van Halen has died at the age of 65 in a hospital in Santa Monica, California. His son reports this on Instagram.

Eddie died from throat cancer in the presence of his wife Janie, son Wolfgang and brother Alex. Van Halen had been ill for quite some time. His health had deteriorated significantly in recent days. Doctors found that the cancer had spread to other organs, including his brain.

I don't think I'll ever get over this loss.

5. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Johnnie Nash died today too. He was 80 and sang the song I can see clearly now

6. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    It was known Eddie Van Halen had been battling cancer on and off for years. Still, his passing comes as one hell of a shock. The year 2020 just keeps on getting better.

I can't help but think of other guitarist legends who tragically left us far too soon. Jimi Hendrix. Randy Rhoades. Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was horrible Dimebag Darrell Abbott was murdered on stage. His funeral attracted great players like Zakk Wylde, Jerry Cantrell and Eddie Van Halen. Sometime before his death Dimebag Darrell asked Eddie Van Halen for a replica of his '79 Charvel "Bumblebee" guitar, pictured on the Van Halen II album. Eddie had the original buried with Dimebag Darrell, saying, "Dime was an original and only an original deserves the original." Eddie Van Halen enjoyed jamming with other great players, such as Brian May from Queen. I'd like to think Eddie is now in a monster jam session in Heaven with Hendrix, Rhoades, Dimebag and other long passed greats.

• Like Like x 3
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  7. jochwat

jochwat Graphics Department

Oct 15, 2016
    Michigan City, IN
    And I hope that the late, great(est) Frank Zappa is up there conducting that incredible monster jam. Eddie is another is a long, endless list of legendary artists, tragically gone too soon. Every one of them had at least one more great song inside that we'll never get to hear.

8. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Hope he is runnin from the Devil and not with.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  9. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Millions of heart broken "50-something" women out there...
    I was always mad at him because he stole my girl, Valerie Bertinelli!

• Like Like x 1
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  10. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Wow, I didn't even recognize him until he started playing - his guitar face is unmistakable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1