• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R.I.P Old Paint

Replicator

You will always be remembered as a kind hearted, green speedo wearing Sign Painter,
With a great sense of humor, a loving spirit, and a talent for making friends.
It has been my honor to have known you, and someday I will see you on the other side.
Be well old friend.. <3 <3 <3

d fleming

Oh No! Never met him face to face but many private conversations. Extremely talented journeyman of our trade.

2B

:noway::omg2:

May his keyboard always have the "special character" buttons pressed down
.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

to his family and friends, let this time be filled with fond memories

Last edited:

studio 440

RIP a true artist of old school ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

signage

RIP Brother see you on the other side!

Saw you painted a couple of rainbows up here in SWPA this evening, God Speed Joe Pribish

Marlene

does anyone know if there is an online funeral home condolence page for Joe or an address to send a card?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I almost hate having logged in for the first time in quite awhile and seeing this. Joe and I were one of the few dinosaur old school signpainters in here and used to trade comments back and forth years ago when I regularly made signs101 a big part of my day. He was also the only person who could help me get my Roland plotter set up on two different computers. We shared lots of medical setbacks and recoveries as well. But there was always the common bond of having learned the trade the traditional way of when it required talent and apprenticeship. We both often lamented the extreme lack of talent and devotion to the craft that many computer jockeys brought into the mainstream. We both believed they weren't truly one of us. Yeah, our kind is disappearing, but that will never mean we weren't right in our convictions. We were just from another era and believed the new normal never measured up. Joe's personality was one of a kind. What you saw was what you got and he never backed down from anybody who challenged his opinion. Wish I had a way of continuing the tradition of getting one of his lettering brushes to keep in action. It would be a true honor. See ya on the better side old friend. ( sorry bob for that comment. It's a generally held belief there's an afterlife where we'll all see each other again. I know you don't give an ounce of wombat snot for what supposedly comes next after you wink out. Actually, I kind of am in fear of meeting Joe on an other side. I'm sure there are many things I said to him he took exception to and never forgot!)