• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question R Series cutter LXi software problems

David Osborne

So, a couple times now my cutter has cut a project twice as if i had it setup to cut another copy or if i had to images on the screen to cut. Also if i only have one image to cut and i put it in a specific spot to cut on the screen, it won't cut there. It still cuts on the side closest to the knife.

David Osborne

Can you screenshot the settings right before you were to send it to cut.
I will as soon as i can. But i had just changed the settings as per sign warehouses reccomendations. The cutter also was cutting random lines in the middle of a project. Ruined about a yards worth of vinyl. I changed the settings to what they said and it still cut an image twice.

Anyway, I'm out right now. I'll get a pucture of that here in a bit.

bannertime

The extra lines are likely from hidden elements in the art or cut paths that aren't closed. Once we can see some settings we might be able to help on the other issue. I don't know much about LXi except that it's a rebrand/clone of Flexi so I should be able to help. Not sure about the R series though.

David Osborne

The extra lines are likely from hidden elements in the art or cut paths that aren't closed. Once we can see some settings we might be able to help on the other issue. I don't know much about LXi except that it's a rebrand/clone of Flexi so I should be able to help. Not sure about the R series though.

So, the lines came up in something i had made. Which was just lettering. These are the settings that sign warehouse reccomended. The other two pictures are an example of where i had the picture i wanted to cut but it cut on the opposite side of the vinyl.

Attachments

• 20180719_115358.jpg
    20180719_115358.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 217
  • 20180719_115411.jpg
    20180719_115411.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
  • 20180719_115427.jpg
    20180719_115427.jpg
    839.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 20180719_115339.jpg
    20180719_115339.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 176

bannertime

The culprit is probably the "send all colors" at the top of the Options tab. It's sending all the colors without pausing to switch rolls of material. You should only be sending one color at a time. The rest of the settings look fine. You could probably turn off "Overcut" in the Advanced tab. Depends on your needs.

You've also got two shades of black. Need to select everything that is black and make it the same color. Otherwise you'll end up with pieces missing. Unless that was intentional.

David Osborne

The culprit is probably the "send all colors" at the top of the Options tab. It's sending all the colors without pausing to switch rolls of material. You should only be sending one color at a time. The rest of the settings look fine. You could probably turn off "Overcut" in the Advanced tab. Depends on your needs.

You've also got two shades of black. Need to select everything that is black and make it the same color. Otherwise you'll end up with pieces missing. Unless that was intentional.
I have that checked so it cuts the entire image. I'm only doing it in one color. And i don't even know what the overcut function does. That was all they said to have checked and with that number.

David Osborne

Right. That's what i want. Otherwise there wouldn't be an image there. The mouth, eyes and whiskars would all be missing. This software is so much harder to use compared to what i had with my old cutter. I used winpcsign before. They both look and act the same but i didn't have these problems with the other one. If i wanted to cut 10 inches in on the vinyl, that's where it cut.

James Piland

You can use your mouse to move the design anywhere on the vinyl you want it within the cut frame. You can move it all you want on the design frame but it will always revert back to the right lower corner (0" vertical, 0" horizontal) when you get ready to cut. When you do all colors, everything cuts. Look at your design and in the cut window and you will see every line that will cut. you may need to do some adjustments on the design to get it to cut the way you want.

hope this helps.....

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
What you are not grasping is that you have 4 colors in that design. You need to exit production manager and go back to the design and make it a 1 color design by welding and compounding it. When you have that done then go into the production manager and send it to your cutter.
That LXi software is rebranded SAi Flexisign and is probably in the top 3 softwares to use in our industry. I have played with winpcsign but not extensively. Winpcsign may be more user friendly than flexi in some areas. Also turn off "Send all colors". IMO that option should not even be there, in 25 years I have never used it. Not sure what I situation I would use it in.