• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R-Tape Clear Conform

Dentafrice

Has anyone use the Clear Conform in 6", 8" or 10" sizes that have been cut down?

It seems that when I order these custom sizes (SignsWarehouse this time)... whatever they use to slice the rolls up creates a gelly sticky mess on the sides of the roll and as the roll unravels these little clingy glue spots get everywhere.

Anyone else had this problem? Not bashing SW or any other company, just wondering if maybe I got a bad batch the past few times or something.

Caleb :thankyou:

Buy from someone that gets them from R-Tape already cut down. My supplier has an office in Charlotte and they stock it in all different sizes.

slappy

I use r-tape clear and have alot of static issues.. large pieces it has picked up off the table and ruined the vinyl cause of the static issue.

Dentafrice

I noticed that today.. As I laid it down on the piece it lifts the piece off the table. I've learned to tape the edges down for one-offs, but for large quantities I just develop a technique to line it up.

thewvsignguy

the r tape clear smells really bad! the clear transfer rite has allot less static too just not enough tack for us on cut vinyl, we stick with the r tape 4075 rla with great results.