• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R-Tape Question

westpointsigns

I've been using 4057 for the past 5 years and was just informed on Monday that the tubes that are marked RLA are wrong, and the only app tape that has the RLA ( that SW sells anyway) is Clear. I have never used or ordered clear tape.

I tried arguing the point of what I wanted and my rep assured me that RLA is only available on CLEAR.

I got my tape today....Does not stick to the paper. It's going to be ok for shop graphics but not for graphics I send out with the customer to put on themselves.

Any truth to RLA only available on CLEAR tape?

RTape offers 2 products in paper tape - ApliTape and Conform. The ApliTape does not have RLA. All the Conform products only come in RLA.

Hope this helps

J

john1

The aplitape is garbage IMO, It dog ears and curls up like nothing i have ever seen. When i first started in this business i ordered a roll and it was terrible.

westpointsigns

The aplitape is garbage IMO, It dog ears and curls up like nothing i have ever seen. When i first started in this business i ordered a roll and it was terrible.

I have to agree. IT IS JUNK.
SW must have had a SPIFF on the aplitape.
I got some 4075 RLA ordered today from S+B.

stoliker

4075RLA from 3 different suppliers (Advantage, Wensco and One Source) all within the last month. Only mask we use for any cut stuff.

JBarraxSW

4075RLA does indeed have the layflat formula, as does Clear Conform (formerly known as AT42 EZ Tear). I apologize for the misinformation and will educate whomever told Westpoint otherwise.
By the way, we do not get a "spiff" on AppliTape (That would be nice). We carry it because it's a less expensive alternative to Conform for R-Tape users and we've not gotten any negative feedback about its quality.
I'll pass your comments on to our R-Tape reps. Perhaps there's a bad lot on the market.

Regards,