• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R5070L Glazing on prints

Nolan Ruppert

Good morning,
Our company has 2 locations with an R50 at both. We recently had an analyst out to help get one of our printers dialed in as far as heat and optimizer settings. We have that machine pretty close now, although I'd say in our experience it isn't much if any, better than the HP800W in terms of print quality. An issue that I'm facing now, is kind of a glazing on prints. It doesn't have to sit long at all and it starts to show up. Even taking a tack rag over the print will start streaking the glaze. It's clear, for the fact if you rub it your finger doesn't come away with ink, but I'm wondering if anyone else has run in to this at all before? And if so, any solutions? I'm wondering if heat settings can correct that, but I have tried a pretty wide range and while I'm happy with the quality of prints where I am, I can't have this glaze. Thanks in advance

Lunar Graphix

Button Pusher
We had a similar problem. Drips of what felt like like optimizer. Seemed like condensation somewhere but we could never find where it was coming from. Tech wouldn't confirm the cause, but he recommended we buy a a "media spacer". It's part EPSC12C937271, $197 from grimco. We installed it and it stopped the issue we were having.

Nolan Ruppert

Yea we had that problem from the start as well, but we have the spacer installed. it doesn't seem to be condensation as such anymore, but more like a glaze as if the ink wasn't fully cured? But I have tried it even with heat settings up against and still see that. I will say it disappears when laminated, so maybe not an issue?